Challenge Objectives - Generation 5

  • Currently Between Generations. No Objectives.

The Swift Family Tree

Want to see the entire Family?

http://www.familyecho.com/?p=DU5US&c=wbtlimzmwu&f=565491270600152224#view:DU5US

(Click the last generation to see the entire tree)

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Chapter 11 - Run For The Hills

You would think that this household would be used to dealing with death by now, but the twin deaths of Gerado and Isabella hit the Swifts hard. Probably even harder than Cassandra's killing spree. After all, what did they care if some Sim who's name nobody could remember died? This was family, this was personal.

Things were about to go from bad to worse for the younger members of the Swift clan though.  You see, Megan suddenly found herself as sole heir to the Swift fortune, which Isabella had managed to rebuild through hacking into the International Simoleans Fund, as well as diverting funds from organisations as "Pools Without Ladders". Sim law demanded that as the holder of the fortune, she needed to name an heir, so Ella decided to broach this subject with her. "Uh... Grandma, I was wondering... have you decided who is going to inherit the house, and the household funds?"


Now Megan may have been their grandmother, but ultimately you don't get to be the Emporer of Evil by being nice, so perhaps her reaction shouldn't have been too surprising. "Inherit? What makes you think that any of you little brats are going to inherit MY money? None of you are Evil, and as Isabella is dead, sole control of the estate lies with me. I hereby disown the lot of you, now get out of my house, before I call my minions!"


Realising that her, and the triplets life could be in danger, Ella quickly gathered up what little money she had, and along with the triplets, prepared to leave Swift Manor forever.


She knew that they couldn't stay in Twinbrook, Nobody in town would dare risk Megan's wrath by sheltering them, and she didn't have enough money to buy a property by herself. She did however vaguely remember her father talking about an old property in Riverblossom Hills that he and Chambana had owned but never sold when they moved to Twinbrook. Sure, it had been abandoned for a few years, but it would do for now. It isn't like they had alot of choice. Besides, how bad could it be?


Oh dear god.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My apologies for such a ridiculously short chapter. Basically, Twinbrook bugged out on me. It was being very laggy anyway, and I placed the new Town Life Lots in the same positions as the old Twinbrook versions, and it completely broke the World Routing. I mean a Sim could be standing right next to the lot you wanted them to go to and they would stomp and wave their hands. So I packed up Ella and the Triplets and moved them to Kiwi_tea's Riverblossom Hills. As Gerado and Chambana were immigrants, I didn't think it was too much of a leap of faith to imagine that they still owned property elsewhere.

The reason this chapter is so ridiculously short, is because I wanted to tie up the last of Twinbrook and then start a new story afresh. I would like to say thank you to Nicky Ellyse for her "The Abandoned House" which is the house featured in the final picture, and the Swifts new home. My original plan was to squander most of the money that the family moved with on buying a house, and then pretend they were poor for storytelling purposes. When I saw this house though, it just screamed at me, so I downloaded it. Plus, no need to pretend any more, they actually are poor. They have less than 5,000 Simoleans to their name, and I haven't even made a nursery yet.

Anyway, next chapter will be longer, this is just a bridge :)

3 comments:

  1. Nice transition! And another chance to see more of Riverblossom Hills! I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That house fits perfectly into Riverblossom Hills, too. I hate how easily neighbourhoods can bug out in this game?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The neighbourhood had been on it's way out for a while to be honest. The usual long term lag was beginning to set in, although I had offset it a bit by deleting the files that hold things like paintings and memories.

    Part of the lag I'm sure was down to Woohooer, as my PC isn't the greatest in the world, and it definitely got worse after I installed that. I've gone back to EGC now it's updated, so that should help.

    When the TLS lots broke routing, I decided to stop fighting it and just bite the bullet. Luckily, I had just killed off Gen 4, so it gave me a natural break point.

    ReplyDelete